“There are around 600 programming languages out there. The demand and popularity of programming languages fluctuate every year. Also, new programming languages are coming with attractive features.
So, which programming language should you learn? Learning a new programming language is always an investment of your time and brainpower. If you are a seasoned developer or if you already know several programming languages, then you can learn a niche, modern one.
But if you are starting your programming career in 2020 or if you want to learn your first or second programming language, then it is wise to learn one of the mainstream and established programming languages.
Here I will list programming languages based on the following criteria:
– Already mainstream and firmly established in the Software Development industry.
– Top-ranked in the renowned programming languages ranking websites.
– Popularity is increasing or stable and not sharply decreasing.
– They have a large set of libraries, frameworks, tooling support, and have a large community.
– They are demanding in the job market with a good salary.
Also, I will summarize the programming languages along with historical context, key features, and primary use cases.”
The article: Top 10 In-Demand programming languages to learn in 2020